I’m a user experience (UX) designer with more than 10 years experience designing and building websites and software, organizing and structuring web content, and conducting research to understand user needs. My core UX competencies are interaction design, information architecture and user research.
I have successfully led and executed UX projects for Lowes.com, Healthcare.gov, VA.gov, and Georgia Southern University, among others. Most recently I was a senior product design manager at Guild Education, leading a team of product designers and UX writers in designing software to enable large employers to offer educational benefits to their employees.
Previously, I was a senior UX manager at Lowe’s Companies, Inc., the home improvement retailer, where I led the Enterprise Account UX team in the sign up, sign in and account experiences for B2B and B2C users on Lowes.com. I also led UX efforts in an 18-month long initiative to redesign the Lowe’s DIY Projects and Ideas microsite and to architect a new component and template library.
From 2011-18, I worked at Georgia Southern University as a web designer and developer, assistant director for enterprise web and later as the director for enterprise applications development. I led the teams responsible for the university’s primary website, GeorgiaSouthern.edu, top level landing pages and 300+ departmental unit websites as well the portal for 30,000+ internal customers (students and employees). I also designed and built the university’s web content management system, iterated and maintained it for several years, and trained more than 400 web content editors to use it, along with best practices in content writing, accessibility and SEO.
- Bringing Service Design to the VA – read about my service design work for VA.gov.
- MyLowe’s Account (registration/sign in required) – led the UX team in a redesign of the authenticated account experience to support B2B users as well as existing customers.
- Lowe’s DIY Projects and Ideas – led the UX team in a cross-functional project to redesign the microsite and the templates used by internal authoring teams to publish content.
- Lowe’s Privacy Request Portal – redesigned the portal to integrate new legal requirements and optimize user experience based on user feedback.
- Georgia Southern University Web Guide – wrote reference materials covering best practices on content, accessibility, media, information architecture for the 300+ content authors and non-experts in the organization.
Leadership & Cross-Functional Partnerships
“Rebekah has outperformed every expectation we have had from a UX lead. The team would not want it any other way. We just love working with her.”Product Manager, Lowe’s
“I would like to take a moment to thank the UX team we have currently under the leadership of Rebekah. We are very appreciative for the amazing work done by the UX team. The UX team have been true partners and have supported us in every pivot we have taken and accommodated our requests irrespective of the insane timelines. The professionalism and the endless hours that the team have spent is beyond impressive.”Director of Product Management, Lowe’s
“Just wanted to let you know that Rebekah is doing a great job for the team. She is managing such a complex migration seamlessly and on top of all the details. Couldn’t have asked for a better partner in this journey.”Director of Engineering, Lowe’s